My table was actually a gift from my husband Christmas before last. I was still training at the time but he wanted to get me a good quality massage table and one which was lightweight and portable for sports massage. He rang Massage Warehouse for advice and the Portalite Delta was recommended. It has been and still is a great table, so easy to put up and down. I am now running my own mobile sports massage business and the table gets used most days. I would certainly recommend it to other therapists wanting a lightweight, portable massage table which is very good quality, comfortable and versatile.
The picture is from last year when I worked at the British Triathlon Championships in Liverpool. I always receive great comments about the table when I go to events and even to client's homes.
Patrycja (High Wycombe)
I chose the Delta massage table as it was very light and convenient for me as a mobile therapist. I decided on Massage Warehouse because of their reviews and large selection of tables. The table will be used for Swedish/Deep tissue massage. When it arrived it was just perfect, very light, nicely presented and comfortable for my clients. I have already received good feedback.
What a heavyweight this lightweight massage table is. Sitting on the table is England's Strongest Man Lloyd Renals (left) with the Worlds Strongest Man competitor Rich Gorvin (right). Their combined weight on the table is 300kg or 50 Stone!
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Comfort Liftback? Thick foam padding is more comfortable for my clients, more sturdy than my previous table, and the face rest and arm sling are more comfortable than previous table; I also like the hourglass shape, it's easier to manoeuvre around.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? Mainly remedial and sports massage, and athletic therapy
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? It came up in Google search and had the product I was looking for. When I had a question about the massage table, they were knowledgeable and speedy in their response.
The ladies from Gamma Medical Ltd using the Earthworks Comfort II massage table to demonstrate their new kinesio tape.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Comfort Liftback? We were demonstrating our new kinesio tape with some top physiotherapists and needed a massage table that was top quality.
My name is Marc Powell, I'm 24 years of age, and I am based in Liverpool / Cambridge. I am a Great Britain Paralympic athlete who competed at London 2012 in the sport of Judo. I have decided to train as a sports therapist to complement my training and support myself. I am very happy with my purchase, the table is of great quality, extremely portable.
I would recommend this website to anybody, as when I was in the process of purchasing a table, this website offered quality but competitive prices and saved me money on delivery!
Video review of the Porta-Lite Delta II massage table by Hannah and Jamie. (Essex)
1. Why did you choose the Porta-Lite Delta II Massage Table? We chose this massage bed because of its lightweight aspect. The table is wide enough to suit all of my clients whatever their shape and size.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? The therapies I am using this massage table for are full body Swedish massage, back massage and I am training in aromatherapy.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I shopped with Massage Warehouse because they offer the best price which is really important when you are working for yourself and you have to stick to a budget. Massage Warehouse offers next day delivery which is brilliant!
1. Why did you choose the Porta-Lite Chiropractic Table? We chose this chiropractic bench because it is portable and very low. This is the correct working level for me to treat patients on.
2. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? We can only say high things about this company. There are fantastic reviews on the web and for us they have lived up to everything we had hoped for when we had read about them online. I hope you have much success buying from Massage Warehouse as we have.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? I checked the reviews online and the comments were all good. All my clients have noticed a big difference compared to the previous massage couch. The Touch Plus is more steady, wider, and comfortable.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I use this table for acupuncture and massage.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought the Touch Plus table because one of my friends recommended it from Massage Warehouse. I really recommend this Earthworks table. Thanks to Massage Warehouse UK for providing this table!
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Oval? From a therapist's side, the curved table makes it much easier to massage. I have clients who have told me that this is the one of the most comfortable massage beds they have ever had.
2. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought the bed and covers from Massage Warehouse because of the range of tables, covers and prices. However, the main reason was because of the help and customer service I received from Greg. I was very impressed with his help so went ahead & purchased from Massage Warehouse. I have since gone on to buy all my massage accessories too.
1. Why did you choose the Combi-Lite 3 in 1? I just qualified and this was the massage table my tutor recommended to me. A few of my friends in the class bought it and I had already received a massage on the table from them. I was very pleased so I also bought it.
2. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? My tutor recommended your store. I was very pleased with the price, the customer service and the quick delivery so will recommend you to anyone I know.
1. Why did you choose the Advantage II? I purchased the Advantage II because I wanted a light portable massage table. It is easy to carry and easy to setup. I like this table because of the foam thickness and that it has an adjustable back.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for?I am going to be using it for sports massage. Some of the feedback I have got from clients is from the thickness of this foam, it is very comfortable. This table is very easy to work with and setup and put away.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I choose to shop at Massage Warehouse because of the quality of tables with reasonable prices. It is a great value for money table.
1. Why did you choose the Combi-Lite 3 in 1? I bought this particular massage table, the CombiLite 3-in-1, because it is versatile enough for me to use it for my physiotherapy practice as a student and also for sports massage. It has an adjustable backrest which is quite good. It is also very light and portable. So, I can use it as a mobile therapist at sporting events doing pre and post event massage which is what I plan on doing.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will use it for my physio therapy practice as a student and also for sports massage. I have already used it a few times with clients. People have commented on how professional it looks and how comfortable it is to use as a client. So I am really pleased with this purchase.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought it from Massage Warehouse because I spent quite a lot of time looking at the options on the internet and the CombiLite had very positive reviews. They are staffed by therapists which gives you confidence that they know what they are talking about. They also gave free delivery, free carry case, and a 2 year warranty which is really good for peace of mind.
1. Why did you choose the Advantage II? The Advantage II is light, versatile and easy to lift and transfer by car or public transport. The adjustable ten position back rest offers the comfort that an therapist needs for his/her customer. Its good value for money adds to its benefits. I strongly recommend it as one of the most useful tools.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for?As a professional reflexologist the massage table is really vital to have. I am also a qualified assistant physiotherapist therefore I will also use the table for physiotherapy sessions.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? Your website was recommended by a close friend of mine.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Delta II? In my massage work, I needed a very light table to transport to my client’s homes. The PortaLite Delta II massage table is the lightest, still large enough and sturdy enough table that I have found on the market. It weighs only 11.5 kg, but can withstand up to 204kg of working weight.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I use it for different techniques of oil massage and my clients find it very comfortable.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I have chosen Massage Warehouse because from all the offers I found on the internet, in my opinion they have the best one with a wide range of very good quality tables and prices that can match different budgets. Finally, I have been very well assisted with their professional customer service. So, I would surely purchase from them again.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Perform? I chose this table because it has extra thick foam, and it has a bit of extra width which I really like. It also has a lifting backrest. It's got the extra face hole on the end and got loads of room on the end to put your legs underneath. It also comes with a 10 year warranty which was a really big attraction of this table for me.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I recently qualified as a Sports Massage therapist. I am also a student in physiotherapy.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose to shop at the Massage Warehouse because you can tell that all the tables were professional quality. I also have had some excellent advice from all the staff there. They just made me feel like I was making the right decision.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Classic? I chose this model was because it was the least expensive base/level entry bed they stock which provides the width and I required, the removable arms, and the portable capability. I should be using this for my Level 3 body massage course.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I should be using this for my Level 3 body massage course.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? The reason I bought it particularly from Massage Warehouse was that I researched many companies and I liked the fact that Massage Warehouse gave advice on all of their beds and they also gave a product comparison chart. I like the fact that Massage Warehouse UK gave video clip advice on how to assemble the table and put it back down again.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Classic? I chose the PortaLite Classic massage table as I spend a lot of time at sporting events giving massages to athletes and this table is very light and easy to carry around and set up.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will be using PortaLite Classic massage table to give sports massages and the occasional Swedish massage.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose to shop with Massage Warehouse because of their great customer service and their next day delivery on massage tables :)
1. Why did you choose the Combi-Lite 3 in 1? I recently bought the CombiLite 3in1 massage table from Massage Warehouse. It even has a raising backrest. All my clients so far have found the table comfortable and I found the table light, easy to transport and set up.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for?I bought this table because I am working as a sports massage therapist and with all the attachments it has, it means that working with a variety of body shapes and body types every client is comfortable.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought the table from Massage Warehouse because it was the most affordable place for me to find this table.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Perform? It is a good size. It fits into people’s space really well and I can put good pressure through the clients with the couch feeling very reliable and sturdy.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will be using it for my mobile sports therapy business. So far I have used it for 5 clients. The feedback I have received has been really good and positive.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I decided to shop with Massage Warehouse because with this product I got a really good quality bed, it was a free delivery and there was really good communication when I had questions that I needed to ask them.
1. Why did you choose the Combi-Lite 3 in 1? I chose the CombiLite 3in1 because it is sturdy enough to use regularly at home but still light enough to use for mobile.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I was initially be using the couch for Thai foot massage and Indian head massage, but as I learn new treatments it will be used for much more than just those.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I looked into a number of different websites before selecting this couch from Massage Warehouse. They have a large selection of couches, in addition to many other accessories, were very reasonably priced, ordering was quick and simple and for an extra £20 I got the 8cm foam instead of the standard 5cm. It couldn't have been easier.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Delta II? I bought the PortaLite Delta II because it’s a very, very light table, easy to setup, and very easy to adjust. I bought this table mainly because of its lightness; it is only 11.5kg, but also because it’s very stable.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I mainly practice craniosacral therapy and visceral manipulation. I come from a physiotherapy background and specialized in osteopathic techniques. I was looking for a very light table because I may need to do home visits and I didn’t want to work on the floor on the mats with my patients anymore.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought this portable couch from Massage Warehouse about 10 days ago... My patients already gave me feedback last week that it is a very comfortable couch and now they enjoy my practice even more. So I am very pleased with this purchase from Massage Warehouse.
This is a video review from a chiropractic student named Ola with his Porta-Lite Chiropractic Table. Good luck with the rest of our training!
1. Why did you choose the Porta-Lite Chiropractic Table? We chose this chiropractic bench because it is portable and very low. This is the correct working level for me to treat patients on.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I am a chiropractic student. It can take a lot of weight and the foam resident is just right for chiropractic treatment. It also has thoracic drop mechanism and a pelvic drop mechanism which gives you more tools for treating patients.
2. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? The reason why I chose to shop from Massage Warehouse was because of their excellent reviews, first of all. Then when I looked on the webpage, there were really professional products and I got in contact with them and they were really helpful and very professional with customer service. In addition, since I am a student they also provided the best bench available at a very reasonable cost. So that is a big plus for me as a student. So I am very happy with this product and I am pleased to shop with Massage Warehouse.
1. Why did you choose the Porta-Lite Advantage Massage Chair? It is very lightweight. It is only 7kg. It comes in its own mobile box which comes with wheels. It is so easy to get around. The chair has got 3 different settings which are very easy to take in and out of.
2. Which therapies you will be using the chair for? I am working in Somerset and I am working as a mobile therapist. If you are looking to go mobile you are going to need to have a massage chair because simply a table is too heavy to get around. You got to look after own body.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? Massage Warehouse has got quite a good selection of chairs available. This one suited me the best. I am really like the colour. I think it is a really professional colour. It is very comfortable, very stable. I have found that the clients have found it very stable to be in.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Comfort Liftback table? The table I opted for is the Earthworks Comfort II. The reason primarily for choosing this table is due to the fact that the table had a lift back. Something that I require for my reflexology treatments, but also adequate thickness of the foam that I thought would make the treatments a lot more comfortable for the clients lying on the bed.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? The treatments that I carry out in my treatment room include massage, reiki, reflexology, and facials.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose to purchase from Massage Warehouse because many years ago I purchased one from them and really impressed with the quality of the bed and was looking for a bed of similar quality. I am really pleased with my purchase from Massage Warehouse and would always recommend them to other therapists. Thanks!
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Comfort Liftback table?I have chosen the Earthworks Comfort I for a few reasons. The first one was that the massage table appeared to be extremely sturdy. Where I have clients of different shapes and sizes and wanted it to be something that was going to last years and years to come. The other thing was that it looked extremely comfortable. A comfortable table makes a happy client and that was really important to me and when I learned about the multiple memory foam layers, that was really intriguing and I felt that it would be ideal for what I will be using it for.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? For me primarily, I will be using the table for local and domestic massage therapy throughout Sheffield and some sports massage therapy as well.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose Massage Warehouse for a few main reasons. The first one was that it was really easy to navigate throughout the website to understand the exact type of massage table that I will be needing. I was able to get some real great feedback from the customer services there to make sure I was choosing the right thing. It is an investment I am really happy I made so far.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus? The Massage Warehouse recommended the EARTHWORKS TOUCH PLUS massage table as a table that was sturdy, portable and suited to transporting to rugby matches.The photo shows a player receiving his post match massage. It is easy to wipe off any mud that gets on the table in the changing rooms.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will be using the table for sports massages and have also been doing some joint replacement recovery massages.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I need a good quality portable table for my massage business
1. Why did you choose the Affinity Marlin table? I decided for the Affinity Marlin because I thought this sounds like a plinth which has all the features I was looking for. So I was looking for a good height adjustability and I wanted to have a headrest as well which is changing. I did need it to be portable so that I could take it to client’s houses.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I am a physio therapist and I work with people with neurological conditions. I provide home visits. So, I was looking for a treatment plinth which was, I wanted lightweight and on the other hand stable enough so that I could really work with it.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I liked the Massage Warehouse’s web page because it was easy to use and the delivery was absolutely fabulous, very prompt.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Delta II table? I chose the Portalite Delta II because it's light and strong with top quality padding and an attractive simple design. It is quick to set up and dismantle.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I shall be using it for Reiki.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought from Massage Warehouse because they have a top quality selection of tables and informative and helpful website and team.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Delta II table? I chose the Porta-Lite Delta II table for several reasons. The main reason is for the quality. I really like the fact that is has extra thick padding. It is extremely comfortable for my clients. I also like the fact that it is lightweight. I can fold and unfold, get it in and out of the car with no trouble what-so-ever. I really like the fact that I can adjust the legs quite easily and quickly. This helps me being a short person, I can get the table in a good position, to use good body mechanics and to save my back.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I use this table for golfers. I am a golf performance specialist and I work with golfers to enhance their golf game. We use this table for mobility exercises, assessment and training.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose Massage Warehouse because I read an article online about what kind of table I should buy. I found the website very easy to navigate. I really liked the idea that you could compare table prices and quality and weight and size. I also liked the fact that I had next day delivery and the customer service has been great as well. Not to mention the price was ideal.
1. Why did you choose the PortaLite Delta I table? I bought this one because it is under 11 kilograms and its got the really thick high density foam which makes such a difference. For me, comfort is more important than anything else. I have had lightweight ones before and they just nowhere near anything that is as good as this.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I am a sports massage therapist and I mind body work and I also teach massage as well.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? It is the second couch I got from Massage Warehouse. I got an Earthworks Harmony as well. I used Massage Warehouse again, because they are so professional, really quick and perfect. So I recommend them to all my students.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? I bought this one because I needed a lifting back rest for future reflexology training, and a narrower table to give me good access to my clients. I'm also tall and love the adjustable height mechanism. I'm very happy that I chose this table because the foam is very thick and comfortable and all my clients have commented on how comfortable it is.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I am a holistic massage therapist and I plan to learn reflexology at some point.
1. Why did you choose the Combi-Lite 3 in 1? It is a very strong, well padded table, which my clients love. It's very easy to assemble and came with a free face cradle and extra arm supports. I love the colour - navy blue - which I've coordinated with my towels!
2. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I'm currently studying to be an MTI Massage Therapist and I will use the table as part of my training.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought the table from Massage Warehouse because it was exceptional value and I shall be ordering more equipment from your site in the near future.
1. Why did you choose the Porta-Lite Delta I? The equipment I use is essential for me to perform a high quality therapy. I chose this table because its lightness is impressive, still it is really stable. I give massages to some of my guests up to 110 kg, and I feel the equipment safe. It is easy to set up and fold. Due to its technical build up, it is comfortable enough to perform 2 hours massages as well. I am satisfied with the performance of this table.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I do Sports, Deep tissue, Remedial and Relaxation massages.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought the table from Massage Warehouse because it was exceptional value and I shall be ordering more equipment from your site in the near future.
Tony is a sports and holistic therapist from Southampton. He chose the Portalite Chiropractic table and feels that it is the best chiropractic table his clinic has had to date.
1. Why did you choose the Porta-Lite Chiropractic Table? Due to the increase of home treatments we have acquired this chiropractic table from Massage Warehouse. This is actually the best table we have had so far as far as portable tables go, especially regarding manipulation. It's easy to set up, very sturdy and it's the right height.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? We are a naturopathic healing centre and we do treatments from manipulation to sports therapy, acupuncture and a lot of other holistic medicine. We have osteopaths and chiropractors in our clinic
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? The best thing about Massage Warehouse was actually the customer service. We're really happy with the customer service, well recommended. So thank you very much Massage Warehouse
1. Why did you choose the Advantage? It's really light, easy to lift and very convenient for me. Surprisingly, it's wider than any other tables. It suits my clients in a very practical way. Moreover, it comes at a very affordable price.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for?It is perfect for me to use for beauty and massage treatments.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose to buy from Massage Warehouse because I did a lot of searching and I couldn't find this model somewhere else. I'm so pleased with my purchase, I will definitely buy from them again.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? It’s an excellent table; what I particularly like about it is the extra width that it has. It provides excellent client comfort. The head cradle as well, and the arm rest – obviously comfort is of paramount importance when you are doing massage.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I'm a sports massage therapist so I will be using the table for sports therapy.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I looked at a couple of other companies but I decided to go for Massage Warehouse because of the competitive pricing and the good range that they’ve got. I’ve also found their customer service very good – very knowledgeable and they really answer all those silly questions that you may have whenever you’re venturing out or you’re buying a new table, which is all important to know the answer to. So I would definitely recommend Massage Warehouse to anyone who is a serious about massage or buying a table.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Comfort Liftback table? I bought the Earthworks Comfort II Massage Couch from Massage Warehouse. The reason I chose this particular couch is because it’s got quite a lot of thickness, it’s deeper than a lot of massage tables. It’s nice and long, and it has a curved shape that goes in at the middle and out at the end, so you can get in close to your clients when you need to. But there’s enough width for larger clients to be fully comfortable on it. The couch lifts up at the end and there is a breathe hole here for face-down massages. I also bought a bolster, and it comes with a head rest that you can put at either end of the bed.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will be using it for reflexology treatments, so the incline and the head rest is really important and it’s already getting really good feedback from my clients who have mentioned how comfortable the bed is.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose massage warehouse because they have a fantastic range of couches, both portable and more static beds, which provides a really good range of options of for customers. They also have fantastic information about which couch would be best to use, which I found really helpful because there are so many out there. It really gave me good guidance on which to buy for my particular purposes. Customer service has been brilliant, really helpful on the phone and I got my bed delivered the next day without any problems. So that’s why I recommend this particular bed and Massage Warehouse, if you do need to buy a table.
1. Why did you choose the Advantage II? I chose this table because it's lightweight, making for easy portability. It's sturdy and well-cushioned.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will be using the table for Sports Massage as my new business venture.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose to shop with Massage Warehouse as they had a wide range of tables with useful information on each. I found the customer reviews and videos on their website really useful. I'm a happy customer!
1. Why did you choose the Advantage II? The main reasons that I bought the bed are because the reviews on the website were very high. The price was important for me, I wanted something that wasn't too expensive but was good quality. And also the weight as well, I'm a mobile sports therapist so I need something easy to put in and out of my car.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I use this bed for sports therapy.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I was recommended Massage Warehouse by my college tutor who purchases a lot of beds and equipment through Massage Warehouse and I would definitely use them again!
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Perform? I went for an Earthworks Perform Massage Table and what stood out on it for me is that it has 6.5cm thick padding so it’s a luxurious feel for the client when they’re lying on the table. It’s very soft and they’re well supported. It’s also nice and wide so that people can just really fully relax and not feel like they’re limited with space on the table - it’s 28 inches wide and for me, I also prefer to use the face cradle which you can attach, handily, at either end of the table, which is a first for me.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I’ll be using it primarily for massage - deep tissue massage; I also want it for hot stone, seaweed wraps are my new thing, and bamboo massage. It’s a luxurious, high quality massage table and I’m looking forward to getting use out of this.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I have ordered massage tables from Massage Warehouse before because they’re great quality and they come with a warranty for 10 years, and they have a great variety of tables to use so I like trying different ones. The last table I got from them everyone loved so I was looking for something similar but I thought I would try something slightly different this time.
1. Why did you choose the Combi-Lite 3 in 1? I went for this table for its thicker padding of 8cm, which gives extra comfort. I'm very pleased with the table - it's a good strong table and I feel confident that my clients (some have disabilities) will be safe and secure getting on and off it. The frame is strong, it's nice and wide and it's a great height for me because I'm tall.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for?I'll be doing Reflexology, Reiki and Indian Head Massage. I'm also a Pilates teacher, so the couch will be handy for people who can't lie down on the floor but want to do small movements.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I chose it because of the guarantee, and the video I saw of it going up and down. I could see that it was a good, strong, well-made table and I'm very pleased with the quality.
Massage tables comes in many different shapes and size. It can be confusing for you, the customer, to choose the right one but we are here to help!
A lot of customers call us up after they have bought the wrong size massage table elsewhere and we would like to help you avoid this mistake. It normally goes something like this; they like the look of a picture of a massage table on a website, they like the low price and then they check the carrying weight is ok. If the carrying weight fits their needs they click add to cart and the new massage table turns up at their doorstep in a few days. They unfortunately assume all massage tables are pretty much the same width and size.
The standard size of a massage table is 28 inches wide (71cms) and 73 inches (185cms) long. One of the reasons many "lightweight" budget massage tables are so cheap is because
Make sure the massage table is the right size for you and your clients as the narrow massage tables at 61cms can be very uncomfortable for anyone who isn't petite and many clients cannot relax with their shoulders and arms unsupported.
Almost all therapists choose the standard 28 inch wide massage table. All our massage tables are the same length so it is only the width and shape our customers need to decide on.
Your massage table should be wide enough to cater for the wide variety of shapes and sizes of your clients. It needs to be wide enough to comfortably accommodate your treatment style, while being narrow enough to ensure you don’t have to strain your own back during treatments.
Each therapist's postural training and ability is different, so only you will know what massage table width you can handle. We have spoken to therapists who are five feet tall and get the wider 30 inch massage tables, and we speak to six foot therapists who have back problems and go for a 25 inch wide massage table. Everyone is different.
Generally speaking, if you are of smaller stature, you may do better with one of the narrower 25-inch massage tables. If you're quite tall, or are particularly keen to offer your clients a very spacious experience, a 30-inch massage table might be more suitable.
If you are in doubt, see if you can go into your local training college and see whether the massage tables there suit you. However, there is another way to get a feel for what will work of you don’t have access to a couch when you are deciding:
Cut out a piece of cardboard to the dimensions of both sizes you are deciding between. Put it on top of the kitchen table and lean over it. Visualise a client lying there, and see which width will suit you and your client best.
Make sure you can get close enough to the table that you can pivot at the waist and have your shoulders squared to the clients hips, with your hands parallel to the clients' spine. Working in this position will ensure an injury-free career, so it's an important factor in your decision.
The most popular massage table widths are 28 and 30 inches. We sell 25-inch massage tables but you should really only choose this width if you are shorter in height and having a wider massage table might put your own back at risk over the course of your career.
You can also choose the 25-inch if you want to have the lightest massage table possible. By reducing the width of the massage table, the weight is also reduced. Now, this can mean a trade-off of some client comfort, but this trade is often worthwhile if you are a fully mobile therapist and use public transport frequently, where saving a kilogram or two will make a difference to you over time.
Nowadays, almost all portable massage tables come with height adjustable legs. Whichever massage table you choose should come with a large height range to accommodate you, and to cater for a broad range of therapies.
A common height range of massage tables is between 60 to 80cm, and this height range should cater for everyone. To check which height you need your massage table to be at follow this rule of thumb:
1. Stand up straight with your hands by your sides. Clench your fists.
2. Measure the distance between the floor and your knuckles
3. This distance should equal the height of your massage table.
4. Add a few inches in height to allow for the body of the patient on the massage table.
The height of a massage table is usually only adjusted when different therapists are using the same massage table, or if you have a client that is outside the average size you normally treat. So for example, if someone with a lot of body depth comes for a treatment after an average size person, you may need to adjust the height a notch or two.
You should be able to adjust the height of a massage table in just 2-3 minutes. Even though you mightn't adjust the height very often, the faster the better when you do have to!
There are 2 types of height adjustment mechanisms found on modern massage tables.
1) Twisting knobs (found only on wooden massage tables):
If you are working with a wooden massage table, it is better to have two knobs on each of the four legs for greater strength and reliability. When buying online, make sure to check how many knobs are on the legs. Cheap massage tables often only have one knob, and when you raise the legs to the highest heights they are less stable and have been known to snap.
2) Telescopic push-buttons (found only on aluminium massage tables):
The mechanism to adjust the height of an aluminium massage table is much the same as the push-button method on aluminium crutches. It only takes a few seconds to adjust each leg, and the mechanism is very reliable. Check out the video to see how it’s done.
The following are the different shapes of massage tables on the market.
1. Rectangle shaped with square corners
This is the traditional shape of a massage table and the one you are probably familiar with seeing. Our Combi-lite 3 in 1 and Affinity Portaflex are shaped like this.
2. Rectangle shaped with rounded corners
Same as no 1 above in every way except the corners are rounded. Does not affect function in any way, just a different design/look.
3. Hour glass shaped with gradual gradient
A fabulous massage table innovation in recent years, which solves a lot of the problems around choosing the correct width is the hourglass shaped massage table.
This style of massage table is wider at the ends, and tapers somewhat at the middle. This provide a spacious and comfortable experience for your client (as the shoulder and feet area are 30 inches wide) without compromising your own posture and health, as the middle of the couch where you lean over is a much narrower 26 inches wide.Having recently upgraded to one of these hourglass massage tables myself, I can vouch that my working days are much more comfortable, and many of my clients have commented on the extra comfort from the wider shoulder area.
The name says it all! There are no corners on the massage table. Therapists normally choose this for one of two reasons. They simply like the look of this massage table and it is aesthetically more pleasing in their treatment room and/or they find it easier to move around the massage table during the treatment without having to side step the corners. This is particularly handy when space is limited in your treatment room.