The EARTHWORKS TOUCH PLUS massage table is a professional grade massage table of very high quality. It should last your entire career and is the lightest extra large dimensioned massage table with a lifting back rest on the market.
This style of massage table, which is also available on the Earthworks Comfort Flat and Liftback models is the best style of massage table on the market for offering the client maximum comfort while making sure you, the therapist, can still lean fully over the lumbar area. The table is designed to be wider in the client's shoulder and foot area but narrower in the waist area so you can still have easy access.
The EARTHWORKS TOUCH PLUS massage table is 30 inches (76cms) wide at the widest part, 26" (66cm) at the narrowest and 185cms long. It has extra thick 6.5cms high density multi-layered foam covered with Super soft SKIN-TOUCHTMluxurious PU upholstery.
The TOUCH PLUS massage table is an extremely strong and steady professional treatment table with a working weight of 450lbs, has a quick release leg system so you can adjust the height of the table very easily. Setting up the massage table takes less than 10 seconds.
The TOUCH PLUS massage table has a multi-level adjustable back rest with 11 different height positions. The massage table also comes with an extend-able and adjustable head piece with face cushion (12cms thick foam). This extends the length of the table by 20cms.
Everything you see in the photo and video is included in the price. Massage Table + Face Cradle + Cushion + Arm sling + Carry Case
90 day returns period. If for any reason you don't like it, we will accept it back within 90 days for a full refund.
Our 10 year guarantee features a 5 year guarantee against defects in materials or craftsmanship on all components and a 10 year guarantee on the frame and legs (more info).
Right Choice, First Time Massage Table Guarantee (more info).
Mainland UK (Excluding Highlands & Islands):
FREE Next Working Day Delivery on all Massage Tables. We dispatch our orders every day at 12 noon. If we receive your order before 12 noon, it will leave us that very same day. If we receive your order after 12 noon, the order will leave us the following day. Deliveries take place Monday to Friday only.
£13.50 for each massage table. Any order received before 12 noon will leave us that same day.
£13.50 for each massage table. Due to the extra transport costs, couriers charge us extra to deliver to the following postcodes containing KW, HS, IV, PA20+, PH4+, ZE, KW.
Islands of Jersey, Guernsey & Isle of Man:
£19.95 per massage table. Any order received before 12 noon will leave us that same day.
For Rest of Europe & International Deliveries, Please view our full Delivery Information page.
Everyone who works at Massage Warehouse, is or has been in the past, a qualified therapist.We stand behind our products and if for any reason you do not like something or it is not a good fit for you, we will accept it back no questions asked.
We have a 90-day return policy for returnable items beginning with the date of delivery. We believe 90 days provides enough time for product inspection. For massage tables, please note how it is packaged when it arrives (a photo with your phone may help!) and please keep all the packaging. You can set up the massage table and try it for size but if you think you will return it please do not use it for a treatment.
Defective products, wrong shipments, or those damaged during shipping will be replaced or refunded, free of charge of course.
To make sure you are getting the right table for you and to minimise the chance of needing to return an item, take advantage of our Right Choice, First Time Massage Table Guarantee (more info)
To return an item: For our full returns policy and details on how to return an item please visit our Returns Page.
Video review of the Earthworks Touch Plus table from Renxiang Ding at Chinese Acupuncture Clinic. (Plymouth)
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus? table? I checked the reviews online and the comments were all good. All my clients have noticed a big difference compared to the previous massage couch. The Touch Plus is more steady, wider, and comfortable.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I use this table for acupuncture and massage.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I bought the Touch Plus table because one of my friends recommended it from Massage Warehouse. I really recommend this Earthworks table. Thanks to Massage Warehouse UK for providing this table!
Here is the Earthworks Touch Plus massage table pictured with a player getting a massage after a game (Melksham).
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus? The Massage Warehouse recommended the EARTHWORKS TOUCH PLUS massage table as a table that was sturdy, portable and suited to transporting to rugby matches.The photo shows a player receiving his post match massage. It is easy to wipe off any mud that gets on the table in the changing rooms.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I will be using the table for sports massages and have also been doing some joint replacement recovery massages.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I need a good quality portable table for my massage business.
Teresa is a holistic massage therapist from Ireland. The Earthworks Touch Plus is her first massage table.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? I bought this one because I needed a lifting back rest for future reflexology training, and a narrower table to give me good access to my clients. I'm also tall and love the adjustable height mechanism. I'm very happy that I chose this table because the foam is very thick and comfortable and all my clients have commented on how comfortable it is.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I am a holistic massage therapist and I plan to learn reflexology at some point.
Richard, a qualified sports massage therapist from Belfast, chose the Earthworks Touch Plus because he needed a table which provided optimum comfort for his clients at a competitive price.
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? It’s an excellent table; what I particularly like about it is the extra width that it has. It provides excellent client comfort. The head cradle as well, and the arm rest – obviously comfort is of paramount importance when you are doing massage.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I'm a sports massage therapist so I will be using the table for sports therapy.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I looked at a couple of other companies but I decided to go for Massage Warehouse because of the competitive pricing and the good range that they’ve got. I’ve also found their customer service very good – very knowledgeable and they really answer all those silly questions that you may have whenever you’re venturing out or you’re buying a new table, which is all important to know the answer to. So I would definitely recommend Massage Warehouse to anyone who is a serious about massage or buying a table.
Amy talks us through her new Earthworks Touch Plus, which she selected for her physiotherapy treatments
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? It’s brilliant that it has a head cradle and another option (the breathe hole) - also you can raise the back up to any height, which is great for any physio treatment you might want to do, particularly on the lower limbs. In terms of set up the bed was easy, I was able to carry it and changing the height of the legs was just very simple, like a crutch mechanism.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I’m a physiotherapist and I’ve already had two patients on the table this afternoon - they absolutely loved it. Both of them commented on how comfortable the fabric was and how thick the foam felt. They both felt they could have gone to sleep, which is brilliant. They particularly liked the head rest with the arm shelf; both of them found that very comfortable and from a physio point of view, working on the muscles around the neck and the scapula, I found it a great position - it was nice and open to be able to get into the muscles well.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? Massage Warehouse have been brilliant- they always answered any queries I had straight away and I’ve been very happy with my purchase. It was a very quick delivery, which was brilliant – in one day. Good customers’ feedback already – I think it’s going to be a real asset to my business!
Here is Nina from Ipswich with her Earthworks Touch Plus, which she chose for it's comfort and sturdiness
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? I wanted something that was robust but that was also portable. I like the larger size of this couch - my ladies feel secure when being massaged. There are a lot of great features to the couch; I like the aluminium legs and that the back rest comes up, giving that flexibility and allowing women to rest after the treatment. It's very sturdy.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? I recently qualified as a pregnancy massage therapist, and most of my clients enjoy the different aspects to the couch, like the arm rest, so they don't have to dangle their arms off the side.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? Because it's a really good value couch - I've carried around lots of places and it still looks as new. Thank you Massage Warehouse!
The Earthworks Touch Plus was Denise's table of choice for her Thai foot massage therapies
1. Why did you choose the Earthworks Touch Plus table? The foam is really thick, the head cradle is also really comfortable, and it comes with an armrest. It comes with adjustable legs and an adjustable back-rest, which I’m going to need to do Thai foot massage - another reason why I chose this bed is because it doesn’t have a cross bar at the bottom, so I can get my feet right under.
2. Which therapies you will be using the table for? Thai Foot Massage. The feedback I’ve had on the bed so far is that it’s really comfortable and luxurious, and I think so too.
3. Why did you choose to shop with Massage Warehouse? I did a lot of research before I came to massagewarehouse.co.uk and found a lot of beds for cheap on places like Ebay and Amazon, but I wanted something that was really sturdy and durable - and this also comes with a ten year guarantee. So that’s why I’ve chosen this bed, and I’m really looking forward to using it some more!
Massage tables comes in many different shapes and size. It can be confusing for you, the customer, to choose the right one but we are here to help!
A lot of customers call us up after they have bought the wrong size massage table elsewhere and we would like to help you avoid this mistake. It normally goes something like this; they like the look of a picture of a massage table on a website, they like the low price and then they check the carrying weight is ok. If the carrying weight fits their needs they click add to cart and the new massage table turns up at their doorstep in a few days. They unfortunately assume all massage tables are pretty much the same width and size.
The standard size of a massage table is 28 inches wide (71cms) and 73 inches (185cms) long. One of the reasons many "lightweight" budget massage tables are so cheap is because
Make sure the massage table is the right size for you and your clients as the narrow massage tables at 61cms can be very uncomfortable for anyone who isn't petite and many clients cannot relax with their shoulders and arms unsupported.
Almost all therapists choose the standard 28 inch wide massage table. All our massage tables are the same length so it is only the width and shape our customers need to decide on.
Your massage table should be wide enough to cater for the wide variety of shapes and sizes of your clients. It needs to be wide enough to comfortably accommodate your treatment style, while being narrow enough to ensure you don’t have to strain your own back during treatments.
Each therapist's postural training and ability is different, so only you will know what massage table width you can handle. We have spoken to therapists who are five feet tall and get the wider 30 inch massage tables, and we speak to six foot therapists who have back problems and go for a 25 inch wide massage table. Everyone is different.
Generally speaking, if you are of smaller stature, you may do better with one of the narrower 25-inch massage tables. If you're quite tall, or are particularly keen to offer your clients a very spacious experience, a 30-inch massage table might be more suitable.
If you are in doubt, see if you can go into your local training college and see whether the massage tables there suit you. However, there is another way to get a feel for what will work of you don’t have access to a couch when you are deciding:
Cut out a piece of cardboard to the dimensions of both sizes you are deciding between. Put it on top of the kitchen table and lean over it. Visualise a client lying there, and see which width will suit you and your client best.
Make sure you can get close enough to the table that you can pivot at the waist and have your shoulders squared to the clients hips, with your hands parallel to the clients' spine. Working in this position will ensure an injury-free career, so it's an important factor in your decision.
The most popular massage table widths are 28 and 30 inches. We sell 25-inch massage tables but you should really only choose this width if you are shorter in height and having a wider massage table might put your own back at risk over the course of your career.
You can also choose the 25-inch if you want to have the lightest massage table possible. By reducing the width of the massage table, the weight is also reduced. Now, this can mean a trade-off of some client comfort, but this trade is often worthwhile if you are a fully mobile therapist and use public transport frequently, where saving a kilogram or two will make a difference to you over time.
Nowadays, almost all portable massage tables come with height adjustable legs. Whichever massage table you choose should come with a large height range to accommodate you, and to cater for a broad range of therapies.
A common height range of massage tables is between 60 to 80cm, and this height range should cater for everyone. To check which height you need your massage table to be at follow this rule of thumb:
1. Stand up straight with your hands by your sides. Clench your fists.
2. Measure the distance between the floor and your knuckles
3. This distance should equal the height of your massage table.
4. Add a few inches in height to allow for the body of the patient on the massage table.
The height of a massage table is usually only adjusted when different therapists are using the same massage table, or if you have a client that is outside the average size you normally treat. So for example, if someone with a lot of body depth comes for a treatment after an average size person, you may need to adjust the height a notch or two.
You should be able to adjust the height of a massage table in just 2-3 minutes. Even though you mightn't adjust the height very often, the faster the better when you do have to!
There are 2 types of height adjustment mechanisms found on modern massage tables.
1) Twisting knobs (found only on wooden massage tables):
If you are working with a wooden massage table, it is better to have two knobs on each of the four legs for greater strength and reliability. When buying online, make sure to check how many knobs are on the legs. Cheap massage tables often only have one knob, and when you raise the legs to the highest heights they are less stable and have been known to snap.
2) Telescopic push-buttons (found only on aluminium massage tables):
The mechanism to adjust the height of an aluminium massage table is much the same as the push-button method on aluminium crutches. It only takes a few seconds to adjust each leg, and the mechanism is very reliable. Check out the video to see how it’s done.
The following are the different shapes of massage tables on the market.
1. Rectangle shaped with square corners
This is the traditional shape of a massage table and the one you are probably familiar with seeing. Our Combi-lite 3 in 1 and Affinity Portaflex are shaped like this.
2. Rectangle shaped with rounded corners
Same as no 1 above in every way except the corners are rounded. Does not affect function in any way, just a different design/look.
3. Hour glass shaped with gradual gradient
A fabulous massage table innovation in recent years, which solves a lot of the problems around choosing the correct width is the hourglass shaped massage table.
This style of massage table is wider at the ends, and tapers somewhat at the middle. This provide a spacious and comfortable experience for your client (as the shoulder and feet area are 30 inches wide) without compromising your own posture and health, as the middle of the couch where you lean over is a much narrower 26 inches wide.Having recently upgraded to one of these hourglass massage tables myself, I can vouch that my working days are much more comfortable, and many of my clients have commented on the extra comfort from the wider shoulder area.
The name says it all! There are no corners on the massage table. Therapists normally choose this for one of two reasons. They simply like the look of this massage table and it is aesthetically more pleasing in their treatment room and/or they find it easier to move around the massage table during the treatment without having to side step the corners. This is particularly handy when space is limited in your treatment room.